Thursday, September 20, 2007

3 days of "Isolation"

I told some of my friends that I took 2 days leave to do nothing. It may sound ridiculous but I know I need it. In my usual days, I talks, chats and teach but in these 3 days, I lived my life differently. I took the 3 days (1 day off and 2 days leave) to read, reflect and listen. As I live a life of a Christian and a leader in church, sometimes, it's not easy to spend longer time to reflect, to listen and to read.

I'm so glad (extremely glad) that I can do more in these few days. It's a stock take for myself. I took time to reflect my life (areas to give thanks to God that I have changed, areas to improve, areas that God has blessed me, re-aligned my life goal and plan, what have I done for the past 9 months, what's ahead in 2008 for my family, personal development, friendship, finance). It was long list and I have not complete yet but it was good exercise. It's clearer....

Next, I took time to listen to God as I pray and read the bible. I was going through a conference notes and I saw there were 2 prophecies given to me in 2005 and 2007. It was pretty timely as I was reading Rom 8-9 and Mark 16. God impressed in my heart once again his Great Comission has yet to be complete and it's needed for Christian to live their life with this in mind. Make plans inline with the GC. God will enable me and help me to do it. There is fear and uncertainty yet on the other hand, there is trill and excitement because it's going to be a adventure with the Holy Spirit again. :)

Lastly, I took time to read book. I read on a leadership book "How to lead quietly". It's a different dimension looking at leadership. The summary of the book is that everyone can and should be a leader to stand up and make choices on what he/she believes in. I read on 20th Century History. I like the book because it's an atlas of world history and it gives me a summary of what impacted Europe, China, Asia, Africa and others. I have just completed 1/10 of the book. It's pretty heavy so I'm going to take time to read. I got to listen to John Ortberg teaching and found out that he has released a new book. I'm going to get it together with Bill Hybels book.

I went for a nice facial and my mom is so kind to cook my favorite "Mee Hoon Soup" on Tuesday. Today, I had a good fun playing with my nephew and he is really obedient and adorable! I just can't it to play with him.

I'm refueled and able to move ahead with Jesus and many of my friends now for many spiritual miles. Thanks to my RDMM who knows I'm on leave and they told me they will leave me alone for these few days. Thanks dude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home