Sunday, August 19, 2007

My mentors & friends

I have mentioned on saturday during preaching about the area of being accountable to our spiritual mentor. Well, let me introduce my spiritual mentors, and yes, there 2 of them! They have been mentoring me for more than 10 years and we have known each other well over the years. They are none other than Ps Jeff and Claudia. Ps Jeff has been my boss for 11 years and Claudia has been my shepherd for 12 years.

Ps Jeff is like my spiritual father and also my spiritual brother and friend. He dares to speaks into my life even though I'm not really that humble and teachable at times. He truly is a good friend who is courageous and loving enough to tell me my blind spots. In fact, it was those moments that helped me so much and grow so much. He is real and a man of God. I learnt to be a better leader under his leadership as he gave me many exposures and learning opportunities. He was there to bring my dad to cross the line of faith 6 years ago. I want to thank him for his constant encouragement and affirmation in my life. He is truly a servant leader. Thank God for his life.

Claudia is someone whom I can share my hearts and thoughts to. She is the one who called me into full time. She is a woman of faith and wisdom. We often spar ideas and thoughts on different issues in life. I really enjoyed that especially on her openness and insights. I often told the Poly students to model after her because she is both pretty on the outside and spiritual on the inside. What a great model. Pretty woman can be committed to God and don't be distracted by the things/people of the world. I learnt so much about life style evangelism from her especially her impact she has made in her family. Thank God for her life!

Yeap, this is my mentors and they are a sacrifical couple! Do keep them in prayer as they are leading the whole pastoral group in Singapore and impacting globally. Do help me to affirm and honour them when you see them. Thank God for placing them in my life!

You can tell who is claudia
and Ps Jeff right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home