Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Records Breaking on Movies

After I came back from Euope on 10th August, I have watched 3 movies within a span of 1 month. It was like a record breaking for me. I watched Rush hour 3, Evans Almighty and Ratatouille. I will rate all movies above average. It's pretty entertaining and some are touching & carries good values.

As I told some of my friends my record breaking in movies, they were not surprised. Actually many Tertiary students/young adults watch a movie per week. That means they will watch 4-5 movies in a month. Watching movie is like part of our lives in the younger generation. It's a way to spend our weekend with friends and it's a meaningful form of entertainment.

I have this little thought if Christian can be director, producers, script writers, actors/actress, song composer, animators of movies, it will be a great influence to many. Imagine we are educated 2 hours a week in movie theater and there are about 100 people in each cinema. This movie is sceen for 10 days in 10 cinemas and that means more than 10,000 people are influenced and educated by the values of the movie. Movies is a powerful tool to educate all ages of people.

Lord, Please raise such Christains in our midst to produce good and powerful movies and animations that conveys real issues in society and how godly values still prevail. I commit this arena into your hands and shine your love through this modern communication tools.

8 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger DannyWatt said...

christian reformation huh.

i don't know. i think i'd like to watch mindless movies once in awhile. if nothing else is shown except christian movies, its kinda like in iraq already. where only islamic stuff can be shown.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger jaspoon said...

hey Danny,

I agree that it shouldn't be just christian movies, it will be too boring and lack of varieties.

I like beautiful mind, catch me if you can, XMen, Finding Nemo, Gongfu Hussle, and many more. Some are just entertaining and some are reflective. One movie i dislike is Epic Movie - It's the worst choice I have ever seen. :)

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Jeff Chong said...

how about 881?

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you even rate Rush Hour 3, Evans Almighty and Ratatouille on the same level? Merely above-average?

The first 2, yeah probably so... But Ratatouille is a classic, probably on the same level as Finding Nemo.

If we are to dream of making movies with positive values, let's start by learning to appreciate the powerful positive values in movies already made, like Ratatouille for example.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger jaspoon said...

Hi Ps Jeff,

I haven't watch that movie yet. My mom is not so interested in that movie but will buy DVD when it's out for my dad.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger jaspoon said...

Yes, I appreciate all movies that has good values. Personally I like Finding Nemo is good.

There is no doubt of good values that was conveyed through the movie Rataouille. When I said it's above average means each movie has it's strong point.

I actually recommend Ratatouille to some of friends and their kids to watch.

It's great to have you leave your comment of your thoughts. Thanks friend.

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger jaspoon said...

Hi friend,

Thanks for your feedback. I guess I need to be clear in my writings for each of the evaluation of the movie when I post it in my blog when it comes to personal judgement and conclusion. (I can include that in my post. :) Thanks for helping me to polish my entry.

My personal take is that most movies has good values to learn and issues to reflect and ponder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home