Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trip back from Europe Convention 2007

I'm glad I'm able to update my blog after taking a break for months. It's has been eventful months for me in many areas. Let me share about my recent trip to Europe Convention 2007 - Mission Possible.

I was there last year and went again this year. It was a good experience and it's a good catch up with European friends. I hope to futher expose to European culture (post modern culture) and witness how our brothers and sisters reach and build the people. It was a 5 day convention. Ps Prakich and Ps Jeff is the key speakers for the convention and it was a good faith building one for many of them.

I had not much a problem to adjust to the time difference when I reach Prague but I have a big problem adjusting to the time difference when I reach Singapore. It took me 2 days to get over the jetlag.

Anyhow, as I'm sharing about the convention, one of the highlight for me is the street evangelism. All of us are devided into 2 big groups. Each group will be accompanied with street performances and followed by someone sharing publicly about Jesus. Then the rest will be among the spectactles and invite them for a outreach event on the same evening. I was among the audiences and started to talk to different individuals. I had a chance to talk to people from Solvakia, Poland and Bulgaria. It was refreshing for me because I have a chance to share with people who are different from me in a foreign country about Jesus.

I'm impressed by the European bros and sis of their can do spirit. One team performed break dance followed by songs and a mime. I could witness they are all out in sharing the love of Jesus and continue to invite. Another group performed a Thai dance and in the midst of the dance, they invited the audiences to join them. It was so engaging that it draws really a big crowd! I think we have make conversation with more than 10 over strangers and about 5 came to our evening event.

Chee Keong (Singaporean Brother who serves in Rome) and I met this Bulgaria lady and she came to the evening event. She is a believer and she returned the next day and joined the night convention. She is keen to visit the Prague Sunday service and she was connected with the leader and pray she will join us eventually.

I saw many things in this convention and I could see the eargerness of our European bros and sis. The desire to grow and reach more Jesus is growing. Something is growing among our Hope Europe churches. God is moving streadily and more churches will be planted - Mission is possible.



Here are some photos in the convention....












With Hope Berlin leaders













Bulgarian visitor











Praise and Worship session

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home