Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Voiceless days













Well, I lost my voice 2 weeks ago and it lasted for 4 days. I wannted to post this blog but had procrastinated for some time and here it goes...

Those who knows me will know that it was a struggle for me if I can't talk. So it was a interesting experience for me. I lost my voice immediately after NG8 sub D meeting. hohoho!

When some polydins peeps suppose to meet me for dinner on 2 Sundays ago, they all made the same comment abt me - Jasmine, you are so demure and gentle!!!! my goodness, because I speak really softly!

And because of that, Leanne stand in and preach on that weekend. Thanks sis! Appreciate you as you could see and hear how I sould on Tuesday during the members meeting!

Then on Wed, during the management meeting, everyone kept very quiet and they leaned forward to listen to me. Wow, many of them commented that I was so gentle that day.

Well, initially I struggled with my inability to speak. Then on 2nd and 3rd day, I started to get use to it. And many close friends commented that probably I can learn so much more on listening than speaking.

So what's my reflections during those days....


1. The only way for me to be demure is when I lose my voice? maybe?
2. To get people to listen, speak softly so they will try to listen.
3. A leader lead by listening - A quiet leader!
4. I'm grateful to God that I can speak again.
5. To skip preaching, one effective way is to lose your voice?!?!?!?! (not a bad idea for all the pastors!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home