Thursday, July 30, 2009

New lifestyle

it's 318am now. I woke up because dad was shouting and seems to need something or someone to be around. stood besides him for some time. I tried to guess what he need. My helper applied oilment on his stomach and hope it will make him more comfortable.

This is almost a daily routine for me and my mom since dad was discharged from hospital. To wake up 2-3 times in the night to respond to dad's shouting and frustration.

Everytime when this happens, i would stand besides him "sleepily" and see if he needs anything or not. It sounds like parents with new born baby where they need to wake up as and when the baby cries.

The interuptions in the night was not easily adjusted for me. At times, i dislike the interuptions. I wished I could sleep peaccefully throughout the night. I wished I know what my dad needs but sometimes can't tell. Sometimes he just need someone to be just besides him.

it was a new lifestyle for me and mom. it has been close to 4 months. It was not easy at all but God gave strength and hope to me as I prayed.

The strength to live with interuptions at night. The hope that my dad will know Jesus is with him. The hope that he will get better and better.

That's what ultimately I have. The Hope in Christ and strength in Christ. Thats what I carry into my daily lives to face things that is beyond myself. Life is not a bed of roses and sometimes it may not be easy But....

Jesus said, " Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matt 11:29-30.

That's just so wonderful! Jesus will carry it and I just be relax in his presence and power! what a good deal!

Friends, meditate on the Words of Jesus. Take the deal when you face situation that you can't handle and you are stress over it. It can be anything in your life. Jesus offers this deal to you and so that you can run and not grow tired, walk and not be faint but rather you can soar under his wings.

What a deal, so take it as regularly as you can.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Take care, pray that God gives you supernatural strength. :)

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger jaspoon said...

Thanks Sheng Teng! God has been good. Boasting of his strength and love!

You too! He is with you always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home