Sunday, July 27, 2008

2 movies within a week!

Well, as I have told many friends around me that the usual past time for most young Singaporean is eating and cating movies!
I did what most young Singaporeans does so I'm young! whoo! Last Saturday, few of us catch a midnight movie - Dark Knight. I'm not really into batman movie (i like X-men though, hohoho)but there are 2 guys in the gang and especially the one who organise the late night movie is a guy! I give a 4 out 5 star to this movie. (disclaimer: this is just a personal assessment). It was a 2 hour and 30mins movie and given the length, the director has done a pretty good job in creating suspense and momentum and continue to engage me throughout the movie. though at some point especially the front part is a little slow. But overall, a well selected actors (I give a thumbs up for the joker), music and filming style (it was a super high tech movie and animation.





















the 2nd movie that I catched with Claramae was Red Cliff. I went with a knowledge that there will be a part 2 coming up. So I didn't expect too much for a closure in ending. Both of us loves the art of war and really awed by Chinese history and chinese intelligent! I'm looking forward to my china trip after the LC. Knowing and experiencing China's history.

After the movie, we kept talking about the movie. One thing we agreed that Xiao Qiao (aka Lin Zhiling) looks pretty but need to work alot on her acting. I think she was paired up with Tony Leung who is super good actor and that may not help her as a newbi in movie. We were thinking who can take the Zhu Ge Liang's role if given a choice to change the actor.

So Red Cliff part 2, count me in!
















2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh... wanting to watch Dark Knight for a week now, glad you find it good too because finally the HopeKids team going to watch this Tuesday. Yee ha!!!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger jaspoon said...

Cool! I'm sure you will like it! It's pretty engaging! I think Batman will returns again and again..hohoho

 

Post a Comment

<< Home