Monday, November 19, 2007

The Game Plan

After a refreshing and spirit charged up region prayer meeting, some of the leaders and I decided to go for a midnight movie. We went to Plaza Sing to check out a few movies that we are keen. We come to a conclusion that 7 of them ( Lennon, Colin, Jeremiah, Andrew, Leanne, Randall, Joel) decided to watch The Kingdom and 4 of us (Abigail, Esther, Joyce and I) went for The Game Plan by Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

I was not so interested on this movie but rather The Kingdom because I'm not keen to watch The Rock acting. However, when we checked with the ticketing booth, she told us that The Kingdom left the 1st row of seats whereas The Game Plan has 3 rows still available. And with some quick reviews from of the guys who had watched the show 2 days ago, I chose The Game Plan.

I had a such a good laugh in the movie theater. It was a comedy that talks about a successful quarterback bachelor who found out that he had a 8 year old daugther from his previous relationship. How he stepped into Fatherhood, how he handled changes and most of all, what he view as most important in his life. I must comment that Dwayne The Rock Johnson has a flare in taking up comic character. He is natural and able to catch that moment. One of my favourite character in the movie was his 8 year old daugther - Madison Pettis. She is really good! I loved her acting so much!




















4 of us who went for this movie, came out telling each other that there are some moments that we shed tears because of how the Father realised the importance of love and family. I guess we are reminded how each of us experience such love too from our father in heaven and family that God has given us.

I will give a thumbs up for this movie. It's intelligent and witty comedy and most of all, very meaningful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home