Saturday, July 11, 2009

a special trip

I took 3 days leave and went on a personal retreat on Tues till thurs. I took a coach and travel to KL. I wanted somewhere not in s'pore yet not somewhere new. (my direction sense sucks so go to somewhere i have been before is better...)

I book a nice hotel near town area. So I can slack and have my personal time in reading and reflecting in my cosy room and at times I can walk to the mall and get some massage.

I brought my bible, notepad and a book.

what happen that requires this 3 days retreat.

2nd quarter was a trying quarter for me. I never know to care for a sick parent needs alot of physical and emotional energy. it really needed so much. My off day once a week usually is not really rest for me now. I share room with my mom so my dad could have a own room. Thus there is no more personal space. This is a major change for me especially in 2nd quarter as I have to travel to and forth to hospital, or something happen to my dad at home, need to call home nurse at night and try to discerned what's wrong with him. It does drains me emotionally. alot actually. I didn't know until I reflected alot more in this trip.

Due to that, my speaking trip to Hope Sabah camp then roles and responsibilities in LC and after that ESS. I was so fatigue. I knew I needed rest - to take a step back to re-evaluate my life and re-adjust my life.

God is good in the 3 days trip. I had a chance to reflect what drains me and what fills my emotional and mental tank. I read the book - Leading on empty and was a timely book for me. I was laughing on my hotel bed when I saw some simliar symptons of possible burnout. The author put the words to describe how I felt.

Any leaders may face burnout. I experienced early signs of that and I decided and determined to look into 2 areas of my life that I will not compromise.

a) Daily Devotional Time with God. My home may not be a good place for that any more so I need to adjust. Either I wake up much earlier before my dad wakes up or I leave my house earlier to somewhere quiet for me to reflect on the Word.

b) Healthy body. Start small but need to start now in exercising. I checked out some classes that i may sign up this coming week. I need people to do it with me and I must enjoy what I do too.

No one will take care of the 2 areas i mentioned above and the only one can do so is ME! So Jas, simple yet foundamental to build in my life to last well.

Spiritual and physical health is not built in a day but it is build daily. so Jas, makes this my ways of life.


I'm so glad that I went away and just be alone. Just so glad to spend time with my maker and just enjoy Him fully. That's just so cool!

Jesus, you really rocks... you're the reason of my existence, you're the reason of my passion, you're the reason of my service.

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger JesuaFreak said...

Take care of urself, sister. You're a treasured one to many others like me

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger jaspoon said...

Thanks Junxiong! thanks for ur kind words. It was a fruitful rest and reflection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home