Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Personal growth

I have not been writing for few weeks and one of the main reason is that I'm spending more time reading and learning on improving myself in few areas as a leader.

I'm spending time to increase my knowledge base so I can give new things to others and of course, I will have more truth to solve issues. I'm reading, reflecting more and talking with people to have more inputs on different matters. Hosea 4:6 "my people are destroyed from the lack of knowledge."

I'm spending time to grow in my heart attitudes. To grow a church is more than numbers, achievements or results. It's about relationship. What matters the most as what have already summed up in the Great commission and Great Commandment. It's about loving God and others. To love God is to love my neighbour. To fulfill the Great commission, is to love my neighbour. To love my friend is different from loving my neighbour. Friend is someone I choose, but neighbour is someone God choose to place in my life.

I'm spending time to grow in my skills. Last night, I fell asleep at 11pm and I woke up at 130am! I was woken my anixety of my 17th May evangelistic preaching! I told some of the sheep and leaders that I'm afraid that I can't deliever a touching sermon to the non believers. I think I meditate it day and night and it resulted of un able to sleep till 430am this morning. :) I talked to god about it and also refresh my memory of a article that Ps Jeff sent me about Prepration of Evangelistic sermon. I will add a few more good pointers into my sermon. This is one of the skill that I will work alot more these few weeks! :) God, help me, anoint me! Freshmen and recruits matters to you! :)

So a leader is a learner. The moment, you stop learning, you stop growing. The moment you stop growing, you stop leading.

So let's continue to learn and grow earnstly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home